On 1 April 2016, ACC levy rates for employers and employees went down. This means in 2016/17, we'll be putting $450 million back into the pockets of New Zealand businesses and individuals.
From 1 July 2016 the cost of the ACC levy portion of the motor vehicle licensing fee (rego) went down for most vehicles. This has reduced the overall cost of the license (rego) fees for most vehicles from 1 July.
- Current year's levy rates and your individual work levy
- From 1 April the residual portion of your levies will no longer be collected. Find out more, go to: residual portion of your levy will be removed
- Find out more about motor vehicle levies, your ACC rego levy and vehicle risk rating
- Do you ride a motorcycle, scooter or moped? For levy information go to: motorcyclists and levies
Your levies go towards:
• getting you the help you need to get you back, regaining your independence if you’re injured
• helping to fund the work we do to keep accidents from happening in the first place.
Have you ever wondered:
• how we calculate and set your levies
• how we collect your levies
• what levies you pay?
Before levies are set each year, we ask for feedback from businesses, communities and individuals throughout New Zealand – it's called levy consultation.