ACC meets ethical requirements when conducting research. We have a committee and a set of guidelines to ensure these requirements are met. Researchers who are planning on conducting research that involves, or affects, ACC clients, or uses our claims data will need approval from our Research Ethics Committee.
The Research Ethics Committee oversees ethical issues relating to research. They approve all the research applications involving ACC clients and data, ensuring the proposed research is to a high ethical standard consistent with legislation and national best practice.
Members of the Committee are from inside and outside ACC. The current external and ACC members are:
- John Kleinsman, Head of Research and Director, The Nathaniel Centre
- Hilary Stace, Research Fellow, Health Services Research Centre, School of Government, Victoria University.
- ACC Privacy Officer
- Representative from the Clinical Services Directorate
- Manager Information Strategy & Planning
- National Manager, Cultural Services
To apply to the Research Ethics Committee for research approval:
- read the Research Ethics Committee guide on the ethics application process (PDF 193K)
- complete the Research Ethics Committee application form (DOC 29K) (for help, see the guidance below)
- email your completed application form to the Secretary, Melanie Martin (Melanie.Martin@acc.co.nz) at least two weeks prior to the next meeting date listed below.
Guidance on completing the ethics application
The ACC Research Ethics Committee has developed guidance to support both our staff and external researchers. The guidelines aim to:
- lay an effective ethical foundation for research
- promote high ethical standards consistent with legislation and national best practice.
For more information download Guidance on completing the ethics application (PDF 243K).
These are the meeting dates for the Research Ethics Committee:
Meeting dates for 2017
Note: Ethics applications are due to the secretary of the ethics committee two weeks prior to the ethics meeting.
- Wednesday 1 February
- Wednesday 8 March
- Wednesday 12 April
- Wednesday 10 May
- Wednesday 14 June
- Wednesday 12 July
- Wednesday 9 August
- Wednesday 13 September
- Wednesday 11 October
- Wednesday 8 November
- Wednesday 13 December.
Email any enquiries about our research ethics to email@example.com.
Reviewed: 22 January 2016