For Business


If you work as a sole trader, in a partnership, or have withholding or schedular payments deducted from your earnings instead of PAYE tax, you are considered a self-employed person for ACC purposes.

Tax agents, accountants and advisors

The information and tools provided in this section are designed to help you and your clients understand the value and benefits of their ACC cover and encourage them to better manage and grow their business.

Small, medium and large business

As an employer, you are responsible for providing your employees with a safe workplace and ACC cover for work-related injuries. Find out about what we offer, how levies work and how you can apply for discounts.


Shareholder-employees can be similar to self-employed people or to small business. In this section, we explain how to work out if you are a shareholder-employee, what you need to do and what your options are.

Resolving issues

ACC aims to provide a high standard of customer service at all times. If you’re unhappy with our service or with a decision that has been made, please let us know. We want to resolve things fairly and as quickly as possible.