ACC TimeOut ensures that people are covered if they take time off work. It can provide weekly payments of up to 80% of the amount you were earning before you took a break, if you are injured and unable to return to work.
ACC TimeOut Cover provides reassurance of regular income if you are injured while taking a break from work. It includes access to the full range of medical treatment and rehabilitation benefits and up to 80% compensation for lost wages, starting a week after the injury.
ACC TimeOut lets you decide the amount of cover you need and how long you need it for.
- The amount of cover is based on your average weekly earnings over the past 12 months.
- Cover is available in blocks of one month, up to three months. If you require more than three months cover, then cover is available in blocks of three months up to a maximum of 24 months (maximum of six months if you are travelling overseas).
You can apply for ACC TimeOut up to one month after you finish work.
For more information about the type of assistance ACC can provide if you get injured, see:
ACC TimeOut levies are based on the individual circumstances of the person insured. It depends on:
- your age and gender
- the period of time you need cover
- the amount of income you need covered
You can estimate your own levy by using our online calculator.
- Complete the ACC1488 ACC TimeOut application form (PDF 52K) and send it to us, along with the supporting information outlined in the ACC5431 ACC TimeOut fact sheet (PDF 1.5M).
- Provide proof of your age (passport or birth certificate).
- Provide your earnings information. If you are:
- an employee, ask your employer to complete the Employee Earnings Certificate (page 2 of the application form)
- self-employed, provide details of your taxable earnings.
- Send the form and supporting information to:
ACC Business Centre
PO Box 795
What happens next?
- We will review your application and may need to discuss this with you and/or your accountant or tax advisor.
- We will send you a letter of offer that includes the terms and conditions of your ACC TimeOut policy.
- You must sign and return the offer letter, with your levy payment, within one month of leaving your paid employment.
- Your policy will start from the date we receive payment.
How do I get a quote?
To get a quote for ACC TimeOut cover, phone the ACC Business Service Centre. You will need to provide:
- your name and address
- your age
- your IRD number
- details of your earnings
- the period of cover required.
You need to pay the ACC TimeOut levy in full, before the policy commences.
We have a range of easy payment options. See How do I pay?
Last updated: 31 March 2011