Early, open and regular communication, where everyone understands their responsibilities, will assist the injury management process.
It’s good to have expectations for how your employee keeps you informed – just be sure your employees know what they are. Expectations may include:
- provision of medical certificates in a timely fashion
- keeping in regular contact, either by phone or face-to-face
- raising any issues or concerns as soon as they arise.
For more information, see the following fact sheets:
- ACC1714 Helping employees get back to work: Effective communication (PDF 57K)
- ACC1759 Helping employees get back to work: ACC claim approval decision (PDF 46K).
The following brochures for your employee and your employee’s line manager/supervisor can be ordered from us. You can download them as PDF files, but they will appear in a different format than the published versions.
You can order these resources from our Publications section (search for the item using the ACC number, eg ACC4612).
Reviewed: 12 February 2016
Updated: 14 May 2013