This page is for ISSC suppliers and providers who are interested in working under the Integrated Services for Sensitive Claims (ISSC) contract, which went live on 24 November, 2014.
Providers may include counsellors, social workers, psychotherapists, psychologists and psychiatrists.
Clients can self-refer to an ISSC supplier in two ways:
- through www.findsupport.co.nz – a site created specifically for clients who have experienced sexual abuse or assault
- by contacting the Sensitive Claims Unit on 0800 735 566.
ISSC Operational Guidelines
The ISSC Operational Guidelines (PDF 3.4MB) have been designed to help suppliers, providers and other relevant stakeholders fully understand the (ISSC) contract:
- Quick reference guide – ISSC service items (PDF 2.2MB)
- Quick reference guide for ISSC service (PDF 429KB).
Recent stakeholder communications
- Media release – ACC launches new recovery service for clients (March 2, 2015)
- Historical stakeholder updates.
ISSC forms, reports and other publications
- PSYIS03 Getting support from ACC following sexual abuse or assault (PDF 319KB)
- ACC6426 Early Planning report (DOC 275KB)
- ACC6242 Early planning: client confirmation (DOC 161KB)
- ACC6422 Early planning: guardian confirmation (DOC 161KB)
- ACC6429 Supported Assessment – adult (DOC 266KB)
- ACC6424 Supported Assessment – child and young person (DOC 257KB)
- ACC7417 Incapacity for work for sensitive claims (DOC 178KB)
- ACC6428 Client Wellbeing plan (DOC 268KB)
- ACC6427 Wellbeing Plan progress report (DOC 258KB)
- ACC6423 Completion report (DOC 234KB)
- ACC6430 Closure report (DOC 217KB)
- ACC6300 Authority to collect medical and other records (DOC 166KB)
- ACC7115 Client centred support (PDF 1.8MB).
Here’s more information about the supervision requirements for new mental injury assessors.
Supervision requirement for new mental injury assessors
This page also contains a list of experienced assessors.
Suppliers who attended one of our nationwide training workshops about the ISSC contract may recognise these resources,
These resources are for ISSC suppliers and have been used in our national training workshops:
- Working together to provide ISSC services presentation [October 2014] (PDF 2.8MB)
- Integrated Services for Sensitive Claims: Supported assessments (PDF 426KB)
- Roles and responsibilities of ISSC suppliers and providers (PDF 251KB)
- Annual Supplier and Provider Training (PDF 889KB)
- Symptom validity literature reviews
- Research summary – Associations of childhood sexual abuse and mental health conditions  (PDF 791KB)
How the ISSC contract works and the differences between the ISSC contract and the Cost of Treatment Regulations.
Learn about the ISSC
- Integrated Services for Sensitive Claims presentation (click the image to play video)
- Introduction to ISSC interactive e-learning module.
Frequently asked questions regarding the ISSC contract.
If you have questions about the Integrated Services for Sensitive Claims (ISSC) contract, please email our dedicated Supplier Manager Tracey Hobson – email@example.com.
If you’d prefer to send us a letter, here’s the postal address:
Provider Service Delivery
19 Aitken Street
PO Box 242
Reviewed: 25 July 2016