What support can I get?

Help after sexual abuse or assault

FindSupport is a website that helps you access ACC-funded support following sexual abuse or assault. It tells you how the service works and how to find the right person to talk to.

The FindSupport (external link) website tells you how to get help after sexual abuse or assault in your time, on your terms.

Who can get help

Anyone who has experienced sexual abuse or assault in New Zealand can get help, including visitors to this country.

When you are ready to get help you can access ACC funded therapy services delivered by a range of providers based around the country.

What’s on the website?

You’ll find information on how:

  • the service works and what support you can get
  • to find someone to talk to
  • to choose the right therapist.

Find someone to talk to

You can search for therapists (external link) based on, location, field of expertise, speciality, culture, gender and language. The search results will show the details of organisations with therapists that meet their criteria.

If you wish to search for counsellors who provide services under Cost of Treatment Regulations, see Registered Counsellors.

We’d like to know what you think about our service

We're always trying to do better. Please tell us about your experience with the Sensitive Claims team by completing our Sensitive Claims survey.

The survey is confidential andyou and youranswers will remainanonymous.We expect itto take about5 - 10 minutes to complete the survey.

Updated: 7 March 2016