Scott Pickering, currently a regional Chief Executive Officer for one of the world's largest insurance brokers, has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer for the Accident Compensation Corporation.
In announcing the appointment today, the Chairperson of ACC, Paula Rebstock, said the Board was delighted to recruit a Chief Executive of Mr Pickering's calibre and experience.
“Mr Pickering is a New Zealander who is currently Regional CEO of Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa for Willis International Limited. He is based in Johannesburg.
“After spending most of the past 22 years abroad, Scott is delighted to be returning to this demanding and challenging role in Wellington. He shares the Board's vision of restoring public trust and confidence in ACC through transforming the business model to improve the quality of service delivery to clients.”
Mr Pickering will start his new position on 1 May 2013. He will take over from the Acting Chief Executive, David May who has been in the role since the departure of Ralph Stewart in mid December 2012.
Career background of Scott Pickering
- 2010 – 2013: Executive employee of Willis Group Holdings PLC. Willis is a New York Stock Exchange listed company. It is a leading global insurance broker with approximately 17000 employees and more than 400 offices in nearly 120 countries.
- 2007 - 2010: Regional CEO of RSA Insurance Group for Asia and the Middle East
- 1989 - 2007: Various Senior Executive roles with ACE Insurance Ltd (previously CIGNA), including Managing Director of ACE Insurance Limited New Zealand.
- Married with four children.
- Educated at Aotea College, Porirua.