Ways you can help reduce the number of injuries in the hospitality industry.
The most common injuries in the hospitality industry are cuts and burns, closely followed by those caused by manual handling, slips, trips and falls.
We have a range of tools and resources to help you identify and manage hazards in your workplace – go to our Hospitality publications.
If you participate in one of ACC’s workplace health and safety programmes we can reward you for safe workplace practices by discounting your levies. A number of different programmes exist to meet the needs of differing business types. Go to How to pay less to find out more.
Use our key work safety programmes to establish health and safety systems and help keep your business injury-free. For further information go to:
Email email@example.com for more resources.
Use these external links to find more information:
- Holiday Parks Association of New Zealand
- Hospitality Association of New Zealand (HANZ)
- Hospitality Standards Institute (HSI)
- Ministry of business, innovation and employment (MBIE)
- Motel Association of New Zealand (MANZ)
- New Zealand Chefs Association
- Restaurant Association of New Zealand
- WorkSafe New Zealand
Updated: 28 August 2014
Reviewed: 19 May 2015