The Safer Farms website shares research, news and resources to raise awareness and reduce the risks that farmers face.
Safer Farms is a programme that ACC and WorkSafe NZ have created to help make farms safer places to work.
Safer Farms (external link).
Farmers, their families and farm workers.
The Safer Farms website has practical guides to help you reduce health and safety risks and learn about your legal responsibilities on the farm.
Use the website to:
- create your own Safer Farm Plan (external link) with an easy to use, step-by-step online tool
- find useful safety guides to help you identify hazards and minimise risks
- find answers to the most commonly asked health and safety questions,
eg what will an inspector be looking for when they visit my farm?
- keep up to date with the latest news and safety resources
- report an accident
- download Safer farms templates (external link), eg the Accident and Near Miss Report template.
Safer Farms also has an educational programme for rural schools, publishes targeted research and coordinates community-led activities to promote and deliver better health and safety outcomes within the agricultural sector. Visit the Safer Farms news page (external link) to find out more.