This page contains community guidelines asking for protection of privacy and mutual respect between users of ACC’s social media accounts. It also states the Disclaimer, Copyright and Conditions of Use for ACC’s social media accounts.
We welcome your comments, questions and feedback on ACC’s social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn), but we do ask that you are respectful of the community and follow these guidelines:
Protecting your privacy (and the privacy of others)
Please do not share any of your own or anyone else’s private information on Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) social media accounts. If there is something you need to discuss relating to a specific claim or levy, call 0800 101 996 or email email@example.com (claims) or 0800 222 070 or firstname.lastname@example.org (business levies). Our customer services will need to verify your identity if you would like to discuss individual circumstances.
Any posts which contain private information will be removed.
- Please be respectful of other users of ACC’s social media accounts.
- Stay on topic and do not upload content or post a comment that is unrelated to the purpose the account.
- Do not use language or content that:
- appears to be spam
- is racist, sexist or discriminatory
- contains insults or put downs
- is likely to be offensive, inflammatory or provocative (including swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- contains potentially harmful advice
- is not accurate.
- Do not break the law or encourage others to do so (this includes defamation, breaching privacy, breaching another person’s intellectual property rights such as copyright, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court).
- In the course of using the community areas of ACC’s social media accounts, please do not post personal information – addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details – relating either to you or other individuals.
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation. Do not attempt to log on using another user’s account.
- Do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication.
Removing comments and banning users
Any comments and posts that breach these terms will be removed by ACC. If an individual repeatedly violates this policy, that user will be blocked from posting in the future. ACC accepts no liability in any way connected to the use of or access to the ACC social media accounts.
By making any contribution to the ACC social media accounts publically - including comments, photos or videos – you are granting ACC permission to reuse this content inside that platform. Permission will be sought via an individual request to the owner of the comment if ACC wishes to utilise the content outside of the platform.
The content provided on the ACC’s social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Linkedin) is intended to inform of injury-prevention messages, provide general information on ACC-related services and inform of ACC activity. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information set out on ACC’s social media accounts is accurate.
However, visitors to these accounts are advised that:
- the information provided does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements
- ACC does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever, whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise, for any action taken, or reliance placed, as a result of reading any part, or all, of the information in ACC’s social media accounts or for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information provided in ACC’s social media accounts
- all links, shared content, and references to other products, websites or organisations not within ACC are provided for convenience only and are not, and should not be taken as, endorsement of those products, websites or any information contained in those websites
- ACC does not necessarily endorse any website or organisation, which has links to ACC's website. Liking, favouriting or sharing information does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation, it is for the purpose of sharing information
- the information on ACC’s social media accounts has been provided for New Zealand conditions.
Except where stated, the content on ACC’s social media accounts is the copyright of the Accident Compensation Corporation. It may be reproduced for personal or in-house use without formal permission or charge, with acknowledgement of ACC’s copyright. For permission to use the information on ACC’s social media accounts for any other purpose, please email Socialmedia@acc.co.nz.
ACC’s social media accounts provide links to other sites. Permission to use copyrighted materials from other sites must be obtained from the copyright owner.
Conditions of Use
While the content on ACC’s social media accounts is publicly accessible all content (text, images) is the copyright of ACC. Copyright queries should be directed in the first instance to Socialmedia@acc.co.nz.
ACC only licenses users to download and print content (including images) subject to their adherence to the following Conditions of Use. By their use of the content (including images), users agree to follow these Conditions of Use:
- The content of the ACC page may not be used for any commercial purpose without permission from ACC.
- You may download and print text and images for your own personal and non-commercial use only.
- Educational institutions may make print-outs and photocopies for distribution to students.
- The content (including images) may not be re-published in print or electronic form without permission from ACC.
- Users are not permitted to download content (including images) in order to mount them on their own servers for public use or for use by a set of subscribers. Downloads of text or images to a server for access by third parties is strictly prohibited.
- Individuals and institutions are encouraged to make a link to the ACC social media channels subject to our Conditions of Use.
- It is not in our interest or that of our users to have uncontrolled subsets of our content available elsewhere on the Internet.
- Any content that ACC provides will follow the ACC Code of Conduct and Code of ACC Claimants’ Rights.
- ACC will work in co-operation with authorities in the event that material breaching other parties’ rights, or that is otherwise unlawful, is posted on ACC’s social media channels.
- Our content is continuously updated and modified on a regular basis.
- By entering an ACC promotion (“Promotion”) and by accepting any prize, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Employees and independent contractors (and each of their immediate family members) of the Accident Compensation Corporation (“ACC”), its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
- The ACC is committed to complying with Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering the Promotion or accepting any prize.
- The Promotion starts at 3pm Friday 31st March 2017 and ends at 9pm Sunday 2nd April (“Promotion Period”).
- To enter the competition you must, during the promotion period, publish a comment on the competition post via the ACC SportSmart Facebook page. Only one entry per person.
- Entries must be received by ACC during the Promotion Period. ACC is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
- Entries must not be defamatory, explicit, derogatory against any other person or otherwise contain any inappropriate content. If the ACC deems in its sole discretion that any post is inappropriate, the post will be removed from the Not Beersies Facebook page and will not be counted as a valid entry.
- FCB will randomly select one entry from all eligible ACC Posts during the Promotion Period. The winner will receive an ACC SportSmart coaches’ starter kit (“Prize”).
- ACC SportSmart will publish and tag the Winner’s name on the entry post on ACC SportSmart’s Facebook page after the random draw (“Congratulatory Comment”).
- The Winner must contact ACC SportSmart within one week of the public Congratulatory Comment, following the instructions in the Congratulatory Comment, or the Winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and the Prize may be redrawn in ACC’s sole discretion.
- Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prizes cannot be used in combination with any other prize competitions, promotions or discounts.
- The Winners may not designate someone else as a winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, ACC may award it to an alternate winner.
- If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, ACC may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
- To the extent permitted by law, ACC, its suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the Promotion or winning (or not winning) any prize.
- ACC may disqualify, from participating in this Promotion, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The judge’s decision in relation to the winners, or any other aspect of this Promotion, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- ACC is the promoter of this Promotion and may modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice. ACC reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the Promotion or any element of the Promotion for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside of ACC’s control.
- Only people living in New Zealand are eligible to enter.
- If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorised account holder of the Facebook page used to enter the Promotion.
- ACC is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion.
- At ACC, we are committed to protecting your privacy. ACC will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this Promotion. ACC may share your details with their marketing partner, FCB New Zealand, for the purpose of running this promotion.
- Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, ACC and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prizes.
- You are providing your information to ACC and not to Facebook. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants completely release Facebook from any and all liability in connection with this Competition.
- The decision of judges in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Under the Privacy Act 1993, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information by contacting ACC in writing:
Customer Support Service
PO Box 892
Reviewed: 15 December 2015