Our contact centres will be closed on 25 and 26 December 2018, and 1 and 2 January 2019.
See what our hours are over the holiday period on our contact us page.
Our co-investment grant trial
Since 7 November 2017, we have been testing a new approach with 3000 small to medium businesses aimed at reducing the barriers that businesses tell us can get in the way of making health and safety improvements. The trial is part of our commitment to finding better ways to help businesses have healthier and safer workplaces.
We are testing this approach over a four month period which is scheduled to finish in March 2018.
For the purpose of the trial we have selected small to medium businesses in two sectors across eight locations:
- Construction sector businesses in Northland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Canterbury
- Healthcare and social assistance sector businesses in Auckland, Wellington, Manawatu-Whanganui and Southland
The trial approach includes three elements:
- a capped 50% co-investment grant towards the purchase of
- CSC ‘Managing Safely’ training (Construction sector businesses)
- approved aid equipment for ‘moving and handling people’ (Healthcare and social assistance sector businesses)
- better access to information about these solutions and
- a recognition of those businesses committing to making an improvement.
As this is a trial, we have limited the number of businesses taking part. Our intention, however, is to roll out the approach on a wider scale next year. We may also choose to extend the scope or duration of the trial. We will be back in touch to keep you informed on the trial and roll out.