Our contact centres will be closed on 25 and 26 December 2018, and 1 and 2 January 2019.
See what our hours are over the holiday period on our contact us page.
MyACC for Business has replaced ACC Online
If your organisation used ACC Online
You'll receive an invitation to register for MyACC for Business. For security, you’ll need to:
- create a RealMe account for each user (if they don’t have one already)
- provide some details about your ACC Online account.
Once you’ve registered you’ll be able to:
- see your clients’ information in MyACC for Business
- link to new clients if you’re authorised to access their account.
Each user’s role type will match the same access they had in ACC Online. Find out more about how we work with agents and advisors:
If your organisation is new to ACC digital services
The administrator listed on the Agent and Advisor Registration Form will receive an invitation to MyACC for Business.
The invitation will take representatives of agent and advisor organisations through a two-factor authentication process. We’ll send a code to their mobile phone to complete initial registration. After that, access to MyACC for Business will be through RealMe. Once agent and advisor organisations have access to MyACC for Business, administrators can invite others to the account in the following role types:
- Other administrators – with full access to act on the account
- Portfolio managers – to manage a portfolio of clients and link clients to the organisation’s account
- Client managers – to view and/or manage information in the portfolios, as per any permissions that are set by the administrator.
See our update on MyACC for Business role types for more information.
Getting help using the new service as an agent or advisor
There are videos and how-to-guides to help you use MyACC for Business.
Phone 0800 080 273