Get tips for using MyACC for Business
Find out what to do if you have issues with MyACC for Business and get tips for managing your account. There’s also information for agents and advisors. We’ll also let you know if there are new updates from us.
On this page
Tips for managing account balances
These tips should help you understand the account balances displayed in different tabs:
- ‘Overview’ tab – shows the next instalment for your payment plan and includes the admin fee. If you don’t have a payment plan, it will show your total outstanding amount. If your account is in credit, you will see an unapplied balance on the ‘Overview tab’
- ‘Payments’ tab – shows the total outstanding balances:
- ‘outstanding amount’ – shows your total outstanding amount for your policies.
- ‘payment schedule’ – lists all your payment instalments for your current payment plan. Each instalment includes your provisional invoice and your final invoice
Agents and advisors
Your client overview page is updated overnight. If anything changes in your client’s account, eg a payment is made during the day, it will be visible the next day. if you open your client's ACC account, you will have the most up-to-date information available.
Tips for using your timeline
Here is what is available on your MyACC for Business timeline:
- CSV download - download a copy of your timeline activities
- Invoices - download electronic copies of your tax invoices
- Reassessments - download electronic copies of all your invoice reassessments
- Payments - view payments made
- Administration fees - view administration fees paid
- Payment schedule - view and download an electronic copy of your upcoming payments
- Experience Rating report - download an electronic copy of your Experience Rating (ER) reports
- No Claims Discount report - download an electronic copy of your No Claims Discount (NCD) reports
- Account activities - view your account activities such as invitations sent to delegates, change of details requests, payment plan set up requests etc
Some historical invoices may not be available. Contact us if you need an invoice that's not available to download.
Limitations in the timeline
We're always working to improve your timeline but there are some limitations or issues with certain types of information. Topics we're aware of include:
- Migrated invoice balances - invoices that had an outstanding balance in February 2018 may display in the timeline as the balance outstanding at that date, and not the actual invoice balance. This is due to the migration of invoices when we completed our core system upgrade in March 2018
Tips for managing your account
These tips should help you to use the different tabs:
- ‘Profile’ tab – update your contact information. If you’re trying to change your address online but it’s not working, contact us. You may need to also update this information with Inland Revenue
- Update the name that displays in your MyACC for Business account by changing it in your personal details
- ‘Overview’ tab – request an update to your Business Industry Code (BIC), employment status or notify us if you have stopped trading
- ‘Relationships’ tab – allows you to add or remove additional users to your account.
- You must not invite your accountant to act on your behalf by using the ‘Relationships’ tab. Agents and advisors can link themselves to your ACC account through MyACC for Business, which provides them with additional functionality to manage your information
If you're managing more than one business
It's best to use the same sign-in details if you're managing more than one ACC account in MyACC for Business. You can easily switch between ACC accounts without signing out of MyACC for Business.
If you're acting as a levy payer or primary account holder in MyACC for Business, follow the steps below to register an additional ACC account:
- click the 'My levy accounts' button on the top left-hand side
- choose ‘Manage my accounts’
- access the additional accounts by choosing ‘My levy accounts’
- click the 'Add Account' button to go through the registration process.
If you're acting as an agent or advisor in MyACC for Business, you can switch between ACC accounts by clicking on the 'Menu' button and choosing 'Switch accounts'.
If you're acting as a delegate in MyACC for Business, you can manage and switch between your ACC accounts from the 'Relationships tab'.
Agents and advisors – managing user access
For agents and advisors, there are different role types available within MyACC for Business:
- client manager
- portfolio manager
These roles are important for organisations who have multiple users and client portfolios, as they’ll have different levels of access within MyACC for Business.
Tips for administrators
- Use the ‘Organisation’ tab to add, delete and manage user access to your customer's ACC accounts
- If you’re trying to add a new user, you must fill in all mandatory fields and choose which portfolios the new user will have access to view or manage in your organisation
Agents and advisors – managing your clients
- Adding clients as a tax agent:
- click 'Add clients'
- search for the client using their name, ACC or IRD number
- when the client shows, confirm by clicking 'Add client' and 'Next' before you can assign them to a portfolio
Remember – you must still have a written authority to act on behalf of each customer you link to.
- Adding clients as an advisor:
To add clients as an advisor you must send us the ACC1766 to confirm you have the authority to manage their levy information. We'll link you to their MyACC for Business account when it's approved.
ACC1766 Giving access to your levy information
A letter will be sent to the client to confirm that you have linked to their MyACC for Business account.
- De-linking a client is done through the client list. When a client is de-linked, a letter will be sent to them to confirm this
Make sure you remove your address and update the client's address before you de-link.
- Assigning clients to a different portfolio will only work if you have access to the portfolio the client is currently in. Clients won’t appear as an option if you don’t have access to them
- If a client or portfolio manager can’t see a client that’s already linked to your organisation, check the portfolios they have access to, as well as the client list for each of those portfolios. It’s likely that the client isn’t assigned to the correct portfolio, so speak to your administrator to resolve this.
Agents and advisors – managing accounts
- Changing your organisation’s name means you must re-register for MyACC for Business providing us with the new name and accompanying Inland Revenue screenshot to verify
Complete the register as an agent or advisor
- You must also email us to confirm that all your customers are aware of the name change and have signed new agreements under the new name. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you’re managing multiple ACC accounts, It's best to use the same sign-in details. This is so that you can easily switch between the different accounts using the ‘Menu’ button in the top left hand of the screen
If you have any questions or want to know more, contact our business team:
Use live chat through MyACC for Business
Talk to us using live chat:
Log into or register for MyACC for Business