Change my details

We need to know if there are any changes to your business, as it may affect how much you pay in levies. Find out what changes we need to be aware of and how you can keep us updated.

On this page

    Update your business details

    We get your income details from Inland Revenue. If they don't look right on your invoice, you'll need to get in touch with them to get this sorted. They'll then send any updates on to us.

    Let us know if any other details on your invoice are wrong, as this could affect the levies you're paying.

    Our self-service platform means you can manage your ACC levy account at a time that suits you. With MyACC for Business, you can update your details, view your current balance and account timeline, set up payment plans, and download your invoice.

    Setting up a MyACC for Business account is easy. All you need is a RealMe, Microsoft or Google account, and either your ACC ID or IRD number.

    Log in to MyACC for Business

    Register for MyACC for Business


    Send us a form with your updated business details

    You can also complete the correct form below and email it through to us.

    ACC1761 Changes to your business – shareholder-employees (PDF 687 KB)
    ACC4619 Changes to your business – self-employed (PDF 61 KB) 
    ACC4618 Changes to your business – employer (PDF 64 KB)


    Changes to your business we need to know about

    Changing your business activity

    If your business activity changes, eg the products or services you offer, you may need to update your Classification Unit (CU). We assign each CU a levy rate, so a new CU could affect how much you pay in levies. In MyACC for Business you can check if your CU is correct.

    Log in to check your current CU

    You'll also need to enter your new Business Industry Description (BIC) code when you file your next tax return with Inland Revenue. You can search for this on the BIC website:

    Find your BIC code

    Working part-time or full-time if you’re self-employed

    If you’re self-employed, and earning under the full-time minimum, how many hours you work affects how much you pay in levies and the entitlements you get. This includes the hours you work across all sources of income. Make sure we know if you’re working:

    • part-time (an average of 30 hours or less a week over a tax year)
    • full-time (more than 30 hours a week on average over a tax year).

    Changing your payroll or shareholder remuneration

    You need to update any changes to your payroll or shareholder remuneration through Inland Revenue. They'll pass these details on to us and it will be updated automatically. Make sure you pay your current invoice. We'll get in touch with you about adjustments to your levies once we get the new information.

    Changing from self-employed to an employer

    If you’re hiring staff or changing from self-employed to an employer, get in touch. We’ll let you know if you need to close your self-employment account and help you register with us as an employer.

    Buying or merging a business

    If you’re buying a business, you’ll be taking on their claims history, including their experience rating. Your CU may also change. Make sure you contact us to talk about these changes.

    Receiving superannuation

    If you start receiving New Zealand Superannuation this may affect your weekly compensation. Contact us to talk about these changes.

    If you’re no longer in business

    If you’re no longer self-employed, working as a contractor or you’re closing your business, let us know using our online forms.

    Tell us you’re no longer in business

    MyACC for Business

    Keeping your contact details up-to-date

    You need to make sure any details we have about your business are up-to-date so we can contact you. This includes:

    • business name
    • address
    • email
    • phone number.

    The best way to keep your details up to date is through MyACC for Business where you can view and update your details at any time.

    Log in to MyACC for Business

    We need you to let us know about changes directly even if you've updated it with Inland Revenue.

    Contact us

    You can email or call us to confirm your changes.

    Phone 0800 222 776 (Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm)
    Phone (overseas) +64 7 859 8675

    Use live chat through MyACC for Business

    Talk to us using live chat:

    Log into or register for MyACC for Business

    Last published: 2 March 2021