Cash back offer on construction health and safety training
Looking out for your people's safety is critical to ensure everyone goes home safe to their whānau at the end of every day.
If your construction business has six to 99 employees, you may be eligible for this cash back offer to help pay for selected supervisor health and safety training for your site leaders.
The cash back offer
We're offering up to 50% cash back on the Leadsafe Supervisor or SiteSafe Supervisor training courses, which start from $435 for a two-day course.
Login or register for MyACC for Business to check if you're eligible here:
The cash back offer will vary depending on the size of your business:
|Business size (full-time employees)||Business size definition ($ liable earnings range)||ACC maximum cash back (excl GST) per business|
|Small (6 to 19 FTE)||$322,400 to $1,225,119||$350|
|Small to Small/Medium (20 to 49 FTE)||$1,225,120 to $3,159,519||$850|
|Medium (50 to 99 FTE)||$3,159,520 to $6,383519||$2,000|
The training courses are available at participating training providers including:
- The Learning Wave
- Besafe Training - offers a wide range of health and safety, NZQA registered courses.
Businesses with six to 99 employees that have the following classification units (CUs) are eligible for this cash back offer:
- 41110 - House construction
- 41120 - Residential building construction (nec)
- 41130 - Non-residential building construction
- 41210 - Road and bridge construction
- 41220 - Heavy and civil engineering construction (nec)
- 41221 - Utility and communications network construction maintenance services
- 41222 - Land development and subdivision
- 42100 - Site preparation services
- 42101 - Hire of construction machinery and cranes with operator
- 42210 - Concreting services
- 42220 - Bricklaying services
- 42230 - Roofing services
- 42240 - Structural steel erection services
- 42310 - Plumbing services
- 42320 - Electrical services
- 42330 - Air conditioning and heating services
- 42341 - Fire and security alarm installation services
- 42342 - Building installation services (nec)
- 42410 - Plastering and ceiling services
- 42420 - Carpentry services
- 42430 - Tiling and carpeting services
- 42440 - Painting and decorating services
- 42450 - Glazing services
- 42510 - Landscape construction services
- 42590 - Construction services (nec)
- 42592 - Building completion services
How to redeem the cash back offer
- Log in to MyACC for Business to check if you're eligible for the cash back offer and the amount you're eligible for.
Log in to MyACC for Business
- Select, book, and pay for the approved supervisor health and safety training course - Leadsafe Supervisor or SiteSafe Supervisor training courses.
- Login to MyACC for Business to redeem the cash back offer. To do this, upload an itemised receipt for your purchase. If you don't have a receipt, include an invoice showing the item(s) and a screenshot of your bank or credit card statement show the transaction.
- The receipt or invoice must contain the name of the provider, name of the course purchase, suppliers GST number, your name and business name and the cost of the course.
- If you have provided all the correct information, we'll transfer our cash back contribution to your nominated bank account.
Improving construction site safety
With Construction Health and Safety New Zealand (CHASNZ), we recommend that front line leaders continue to learn and develop key skills in hazard management, risk identification, and incident investigation to provide a safe working environment for workers on site. Front-line leaders can include:
- site managers
- health and safety managers
- team leaders
Endorsed by ACC and CHASNZ, the supervisor health and training course is the new benchmark in construction. It creates a common language and skill set that will life business performance.
Get in touch if you have any questions about the construction supervisor health and safety training cash back offer. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.