Cash back offer on quad bike crush protection devices
We're working with WorkSafe NZ to help reduce injuries and fatalities caused by quad bikes, to ensure workers go home safe to their whanau at the end of every day.
On this page
If you're self-employed or own a small-to-medium-sized farming business (0 to 99 employees), you may be eligible for an ACC cash back offer on a crush protection device for quad bikes.
Login or register for MyACC for Business to check if you're eligible.
Improving quad bike safety
Every year quad bikes are a major cause of death and serious injury in rural workplaces with many incidents associated with accidental rollovers.
On average, five of these accidents result in a fatality and we receive over 1,000 claims for work-related quad bike accidents each year.
With WorkSafe NZ we recommend that crush protection devices are installed on all quad bikes use for work.
The cash back offer
We're offering a $180 (+GST) cash back on the Quadbar, Quadbar Flexi, and ATV Lifeguard crush protection devices, which start from $595 (+GST). You can redeem cash back on up to two selected crush protection devices.
The selected crush protection devices are available at participating retailers including:
They can also be purchased from other New Zealand retailers that stock them.
Businesses with 0 to 99 employees that have the following classification units (CUs) are eligible for this cash back offer:
- 1230 - sheep and beef cattle farming
- 1240 - sheep farming
- 1250 - beef cattle farming
- 1300 - dairy cattle farming
- 1590 - livestock farming (nec)
- 2200 - hunting and trapping.
How to redeem the cash back offer
- Log in to MyACC for Business to check if you're eligible for the cash back offer.
MyACC for Business
- Purchase an approved crush protection device - Quadbar, Quadbar Flexi, or ATV Lifeguard. You can purchase a maximum of two approved crush protection devices to receive the cash back offer.
- Login to MyACC for Business to redeem your offer. To do this, upload an itemised receipt of your purchase.
If you don't have a receipt, include an invoice showing the item(s) and a screenshot of your bank or credit card statement showing the transaction.
- If you've provided all the correct information, we'll transfer our cash back contribution to your nominated bank account.
Get in touch if you have any questions about the crush protection device cash back offer. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.