Workplace injury prevention subsidies
We're helping small to medium businesses access services and support that's proven to improve workplace health and safety.
On this page
Who is eligible?
Small to medium businesses (typically 6 to 99 employees) in specified sectors will be eligible for a relevant workplace injury prevention subsidy.
Three subsidies are currently on offer to sectors with high rates of work-related injury and death. They are:
Businesses can check their eligibility and the amount they're eligible for, by logging in to MyACC for Business. If eligible, the subsidy offer will be displayed on the MyACC for Business overview page.
Find out more about MyACC for Business and how to register.
There are terms and conditions for redeeming these workplace injury prevention subsidies:
For more information on each subsidy, visit the dedicated page:
Quad bike CPD
Manufacturing H&S advisory service
Residential construction H&S advisory service
How workplace injury prevention subsidies work
Workplace injury prevention subsidies are available to help small to medium businesses access services and other support that are known to improve workplace health and safety.
There are three types of subsidies:
- workforce capability development, eg training courses
- professional health and safety consulting advice
- capital investment that has health and safety outcomes, eg people moving equipment and crush protection devices for quadbikes.
Subsidies are generally sector-specific and are likely to be targeted at sectors where workers have a higher risk of injury. The subsidies that will be offered will change over time to meet business, sector and workplace needs.
We welcome your suggestions or ideas of what future subsidies could be offered and invite you to submit your ideas or any questions you may have via email.
What makes up a workplace injury prevention subsidy?
Workplace injury prevention subsidies include three elements:
- a capped 50% contribution towards the purchase of approved training, equipment, products or programmes
- information about why health and safety solutions are beneficial for business customers invited to apply for a subsidy
- recognition for those businesses that take up a workplace injury prevention subsidy offer.
The funding amounts for each subsidy varies depending on business size, the solution subsidised, and the sector they're operating in.
Get in touch if you have any questions about the injury prevention subsidies. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.