Working with us using our digital services
Send invoices, claims, and medical certificates to us faster and more securely. You can do this through your practice management system, the eBusiness Gateway, or our other digital options.
On this page
Get set up with our digital services
To use our digital services, you must be registered as a health provider and/or vendor with us.
You must also have a HealthSecure digital certificate, which gives you access to our digital services. Your digital certificate belongs to you and shouldn't be shared. Digital certificates are issued by HealthLink and are valid for one year. You must renew it annually if you intend to keep using ACC's digital services. The cost of the digital certificate and the renewal is covered by ACC.
If you already have a digital certificate for the Ministry of Health network
If you're using an active digital certificate to access the Ministry of Health's network, we can use the same certificate to set up your access to our digital services. Email your request to our Digital Operations eBusiness team with the following information:
- organisation name, ACC VendorID number, and ACC ProviderID number
- the digital certificate holder's name and email address
- what ACC digital services you need access to.
Apply for a digital certificate
To apply for a digital certificate, complete the following application forms:
- register your practice as an organisation
- if someone in your organisation previously held or currently holds a digital certificate, then your organisation is likely already registered. You can contact the Registration Authority if in doubt
- register each individual in your organisation that needs a digital certificate to use our digital services.
When completed, email the application forms to the Registration Authority for processing. Once you've received your digital certificate from HealthLink, follow their instructions on how to install your digital certificate.
Contact HealthLink if you have any issues installing your digital certificate
Phone 0800 288 887 - option 3 (helpdesk)
Our digital services options
You can choose to use:
- your practice management system (PMS)
- the eBusiness Gateway
- our other digital options.
What you can do with our digital services
We have the following digital services available:
|Service||Available via PMS (check with your PMS helpdesk for details)||Available via other digital options|
|Lodge claims (ACC45)||Yes||Yes|
|Look up claim information||Yes||Yes|
Look up invoice information. Including:
|Submit medical certificates (ACC18)||Yes||Yes|
|Send patient notes||Yes||No|
|Submit treatment extension requests (ACC32)||Yes||Yes|
|Submit change of diagnosis requests||Yes||No|
If you use a practice management system
Some, but not all, PMS systems are using our full suite of digital services listed in the table above. Please check with your PMS helpdesk or user manuals to see which of the digital services are available for you to use.
You can use our other digital options if your PMS vendor is not using one of our digital services and you'd like to access it.
If you use the eBusiness Gateway system or our other digital options
If you don't use a PMS, contact us to talk through what you want to do. We can advise you of the most suitable digital option.
Before you talk to us, make sure you:
- are registered with us to provide your health services
- have received your HealthSecure Digital Certificate from HealthLink
- check your computer meets the minimum specifications.
Check your computer meets the minimum specifications
Your computer and browser need to meet the below specifications. If it doesn't, you may have limited ability to fully use our digital services.
- Windows 7 or higher
- Apple OS X 10.7 or higher.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11.X or higher
- Firefox version 30.X or higher
- Chrome version 40.X or higher
- Safari version 7.X or higher (except when submitting medical certificates).
- 1024 x 768 or higher.
How-to guides for checking status of claims and invoices
Through eBusiness Gateway, you're able to check claim details, invoice details, and payment remittance advice. The how-to guides are designed for download or print.
If you need more help with getting set up to use our digital services, contact us.