Privacy when you use our site
When you visit this website, we’ll collect statistical information. Any personal information you provide will be kept private.
On this page
You can use this website without disclosing any of your personal information. If you choose to disclose information about yourself, please don’t send us anything sensitive.
We’ll only use your information in line with the Privacy Act 2020. We will store it securely and only share it when the law allows.
Your browser reveals certain statistical information to every website it visits. We may collect information about your visit to our website to help us improve it. This information can’t identify you.
The statistical information we collect includes:
- your IP address, which may tell us which country you’re in and your approximate location
- any pages you accessed on our site and links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the website, if any, from which you clicked through to our site
- the operating system of your device, eg Windows 10, Apple, Android
- the type of browser used, eg Chrome, Edge
- demographic data if available, eg age group, gender, interest categories
- incidental information like screen resolution and language setting.
We also collect statistical information when you log onto our online services such as MyACC. This helps us identify any unusual attempts to log in to your account, eg where a log in attempt is coming from an unexpected location or country. We’ll only use it to prompt you for more information to reconfirm your identity and to improve service.
We may share statistical information with other government agencies including the National Cyber Security Centre where necessary to report or protect against cyberattack.
Cookies are small text files placed in your browser by the websites you visit. They record your browser’s visit to a website, but don’t identify you. Cookies are widely used to help users navigate websites efficiently.
Our website uses them to help us understand how people use our site, such as counting how many individuals visit and which pages they view.
You can turn cookies off at any time using your web browser settings, and they can always be safely deleted from your computer.
To request access or a change to your information, contact:
If you have a question or concern about privacy, contact:
The Privacy Officer
Accident Compensation Corporation
PO Box 242