Accessing and correcting your personal information
We collect information you provide when you make a claim or pay levies. You can access the information we hold about you and ask us to correct any errors.
On this page
How to request access to your personal information
You can use our online tool to request access to:
- your personal information
- someone else's personal information if you have the correct authority
If we don't give access to your personal information
We’ll refuse access to your personal information if we can't verify your identity or any of the following legislation applies:
Requesting official information
If you request official information and personal or health information at the same time, we'll respond with separate replies for official information and the personal or health information.
1. Contact us
If you have accessed your personal information and it's incorrect, you can request us to change it.
2. We’ll respond and check our information
We’ll let you know when we have received your request and have started checking your information with the original author.
3. We’ll contact you with our decision
If we’re holding factually incorrect information we’ll:
- update the information on the your file
- send the corrected information to any third party who may have received the incorrect information
- let you know that we’ve made the change.
Sometimes we may not be able to make the change you’ve requested. This is usually because it relates to opinion-based information eg a medical assessment. If this is the case we’ll:
- contact you and explain why we can’t make the change
- you can choose to provide a written statement of correction, which we’ll add to your file. This statement shows that you requested a change to your information, but that we haven’t made the change
- send a new copy of the information with the statement of correction attached to any third party who has recently received the original information
- contact you to let you know what we’ve done.