Request an ACC number
This form is for self-employed and non-PAYE shareholder-employees wanting to apply for ACC CoverPlus Extra (CPX), who are new to business, i.e. in their first year of trading, but haven’t yet had an ACC number issued for levy invoicing.
Who is this form not for?
- You have had ACC Number issued but can’t remember it, or you are an employer. Please call us on 0800 222 776 to confirm your number.
- You’re new to self-employment but are not applying for CPX. Your ACC number will be created automatically, once you’ve filed your first income tax return with Inland Revenue.
What do I do next?
You’ll receive a confirmation that the ACC number and account has been created within 3-5 business days. Once this confirmation is received:
- If you’re the account holder, you can register for a MyACC for Business account using your IRD number, view your new ACC number and apply for CPX.
- If you’re an agent, you can link to your customer’s account in MyACC for Business using your client’s IRD number, view their new ACC Number and apply for CPX on behalf.
- If you’re an advisor, you can complete an ACC1766 using your client’s IRD number. Once this is processed, you can view their new ACC number and apply for CPX on behalf in MyACC for Business.
The personal information collected in this form will be used for the sole purpose of identifying your records at Inland Revenue, and contacting you to advise that the ACC number (account) has been created. The ACC number will be created using the customer and contact details held by Inland Revenue. These details can then be amended in MyACC for Business.
When we collect, use and store information, we comply with the Privacy Act 2020 and the Health Information Privacy Code 2020. For more information read our privacy framework at the link below.