Home and community injury statistics
Find statistics on our claims relating to injuries at home and falls.
- Definition of injuries at home
- 2021 injury costs around the home
- 2021 new and active claims around the home
- Home-related injury claims and costs by year - 2015 to 2021
- New home-related injury claims by region - 2018 to 2021
- New claims for injuries at home in 2021 by type of injury
- New claims for injuries at home by sex - 2015 to 2021
- New claims for injuries at home by age - 2018 to 2021
- Injuries from falls
- More information
- Caveats to this data
Injuries around the home are determined by the location being specified as 'home'. These injuries can include:
- steps and stairs
Sometimes claims can meet the criteria for being at home and a fall. This means a claim may be counted in more than one category.
Home-related injury claims and costs by year
|Year||New claims||Active claims||Cost of active claims|
|2021 (to 30 Sep)||743,895||896,585||$1,097,968,540|
By type of injury
'New' claims are counted in the calendar year they were lodged.
'Active' claims have had a payment made on them during that year. Active claims may have been lodged in a different calendar year and can be counted across multiple years.
'Costs' don't include payments made for acute treatment in public hospitals.
A client's age may differ between lodgement date and accident date.
'Region' is based on where the accident happened.
The data was extracted at a point in time and may change if re-run later.