Home and community injury statistics
Find statistics on our claims relating to injuries at home, falls, and sensitive claims.
- Definition of injuries at home.
- 2020 injury costs around the home.
- 2020 new and active claims around the home.
- Home-related injury claims and costs by year - 2015 to 2019.
- New home-related injury claims by region - 2018, 2019, 2020.
- New claims for injuries at home in 2020 by type of injury.
- New claims for injuries at home by sex - 2015 to 2020.
- New claims for injuries at home by age - 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Injuries from falls.
- Sensitive claims.
- More information.
- Caveats to this data.
Injuries around the home are determined by the location being specified as 'home'. These injuries can include:
- steps and stairs
Note: Sometimes claims can meet the criteria for being at home, a fall, or a sensitive claim. This means a claim may be counted once, or it may be counted in more than one category.
Home-related injury claims and costs by year
|Year||New claims||Active claims||Cost of active claims|
By type of injury
Injuries from falls
People who are 65 years and over are more likely to experience a fall.
Sensitive claims have doubled in the last five years.
Find out about the work we're involved in to prevent injuries in the home and community:
'New' claims are counted in the calendar year they were lodged.
'Active' claims have had a payment made on them during that year. Active claims may have been lodged in a different calendar year and can be counted across multiple years.
'Costs' don't include payments made for acute treatment in public hospitals.
A client's age may differ between lodgement date and accident date.
'Region' is based on where the accident happened.
The data was extracted at a point in time and may change if re-run later.