Work injury statistics
Find statistics on ACC claims for injuries that happened at work.
- 2021 work-related injury costs
- 2021 new and active work-related claims
- Work-related injury claims and costs by year - 2015 to 2021
- New work-related claims by industry - 2018 to 2021
- New work-related injuries by region - 2018 to 2021
- Caveats to this data
Work-related injury claims and costs by year
|Year||New claims||Active claims||Cost of active claims|
|2021 (to 30 September)||147,119||233,362||$684,048,560|
Find out about the work we're involved in to prevent injuries in the workplace:
'New' claims are counted in the calendar year they were lodged.
'Active' claims have had a payment made on them during that year. Active claims may have been lodged in a different calendar year and can be counted across multiple years.
'Costs' don't include payments made for acute treatment in public hospitals.
A client's age may differ between lodgement date and accident date.
'Region' is based on where the accident happened.
The data was extracted at a point in time and may change if re-run later.