Most of our offices are now open and a Vaccine Pass is not required. Locations remaining closed: Hutt Valley, Porirua, Masterton, Greymouth, Alexandra, Whakatane, Whanganui.

If you're a visitor injured in New Zealand

If you're injured while visiting New Zealand, we may be able to help you. It doesn’t matter if you’re not a resident. You'll still need travel insurance for what we don't cover.

Our no-fault scheme covers everyone, including visitors, who are injured in an accident in New Zealand.

You’ll receive the same cover as everyone else if you have an injury while visiting New Zealand. 

Find out what injuries we cover:

Injuries we cover

More about us

You still need travel insurance

Make sure you buy travel insurance before your visit because we don’t cover:

  • illness
  • disrupted travel plans or emergency travel to get you back home
  • injuries while in transit to or from New Zealand. This includes getting on or off a boat or plane
  • travel around New Zealand in the craft you arrived in, eg a cruise ship.
Last published: 31 August 2020