Counselling and therapy

We can help pay for counselling and therapy sessions if you need support after a physical injury or after experiencing sexual abuse. We offer services to support sensitive claims. Find a counsellor in your area who can support your needs.

If you've experienced sexual violence

Through ISSC, our Integrated Services for Sensitive Claims, we provide support for anyone in New Zealand, including visitors to the country, who has experienced sexual violence. We may also be able to help if you're a New Zealand resident and have experienced sexual violence while travelling overseas. It doesn't matter if the event happened recently or a long time ago.

If you've experienced sexual violence, use the Find Support website to see the organisations that have therapists who can support you. This support for survivors is fully funded and you can start whenever you're ready. There are also services available for your family and whānau.

Find Support website

If you're having trouble getting in touch with the right therapist, contact our sensitive claims team. We'll help you to make an appointment.

Phone 0800 735 566

If you need counselling support after a physical injury

Once approved by a Recovery Team Member, we can help pay for up to ten counselling sessions. You may have to pay for part of your sessions. Ask your counsellor about costs when you arrange your appointment dates and times.

If you need more counselling sessions

If your counsellor thinks you need more sessions after you’ve finished, they'll let us know. We'll work with you to make sure you get the right support you need.

Contact a counsellor below for counselling after a physical injury 

If you're a counsellor listed below and notice your information needs updating, contact us with the changes.


If you have experienced sexual violence, use our Find Support website to find a counsellor who can help.

Find Support website

Sorry, no results found

{{c.FirstName}} {{c.LastName}}
Region:  {{c.RegionName}}
Areas of expertise: {{getExpertise(c)}}

Contact us

If you have any questions or need help finding a counsellor after a physical injury, contact our general claims team.

Phone 0800 101 996

For help after experiencing sexual violence, contact our sensitive claims team.

Phone 0800 735 566