Account access for agents and advisors

As a professional intermediary, such as an accountant, tax agent, or financial advisor, you can use MyACC for Business to link to your clients’ levy accounts.

On this page

    MyACC for Business for agents and advisors

    Video transcript for MyACC for Business for agents and advisors
    (upbeat music)
    In most places around the world, if you have an accident
    and are unable to work, you have to use your savings,
    have insurance, or take legal action
    and win to cover the cost of treatment
    and provide some income while you recover.
    In Aotearoa, New Zealand, we have ACC.
    ACC is a no fault scheme.
    It supports anyone who is injured in an accident no matter
    how or where the accident happens.
    Everyone in Aotearoa, New Zealand helps ACC
    fund the care, treatment, and support of injured people
    through levies from salaries, at the petrol pump,
    and through vehicle registrations.
    In this video, we are going to take a look at how ACC works
    for people who manage other people's business finances,
    like a tax agent or accountant,
    and how you can make your dealings
    with ACC much easier online using MyACC for business.
    You can expect to get ACC levy invoices in July for clients
    that employ people and September
    for your self-employed clients,
    This invoice amount will be based on two things.
    First, the business's classification unit.
    This tells ACC what industry your client is in.
    Different businesses have different levels of risk
    for injury and accidents,
    so the classification unit affects the levy amount.
    Second, liable earnings for the year.
    For self-employed clients levies may vary depending on
    whether they work full-time or part-time.
    For employers and shareholders,
    the levy invoice will show in a final washup levy
    for the previous year
    and a provisional levy for the current year.
    The provisional levy is an estimate
    based on the previous year's payroll with adjustments
    for expected salary increases.
    Employer levies may also be affected
    by their experience rating or no claims discount,
    depending on their workplace health and safety record.
    Self-employed and shareholder clients
    can get a no claims discount.
    ACC has minimum and maximum levels of liable income,
    so your clients will only pay levies up to the maximum level
    for themselves or their employees.
    These levels tend to change annually,
    but you can always find the latest information
    on the ACC website.
    If your client starts working
    in a different industry, ceases trading,
    or if self-employed goes from part-time to full-time work,
    or vice versa, or decides to work
    for someone as an employee,
    it's really important to let ACC know as soon as possible.
    The easiest way to check
    and change details for the clients you manage is
    through ACC's self-service portal, MyACC for Business.
    You can find it at
    To use MyACC for Business, you need
    to complete an online form
    and ACC will sort out an organisation account for you.
    You can access the form from the MyACC for Business homepage
    where it says, "Are you an agent or advisor?"
    We've also provided a link below this video.
    Once your organisation account is set up, you'll need
    to add your clients to it.
    If you're a tax agent, you can do this yourself.
    Click add clients, search for your client using their ACC
    or IRD number.
    Once you have located your clients,
    click add clients and next.
    Then you can assign them to portfolios
    if you have different team members looking after different clients.
    If you are an advisor, you need
    to forward the ACC 1766 authorization form
    to the ACC business team
    and they will link your clients for you.
    You can have as many clients link
    to your organisation account as you wish.
    Once clients have been added to your account,
    their portfolio manager can use MyACC for Business
    to update a client's business and contact information
    or set themselves up as the primary levy contact,
    change a client's classification unit,
    see a client's invoices
    and transaction history, cease a policy,
    add Cover Plus Extra to a policy
    or use the live chat function
    to ask the MyACC business team any questions or get support.
    MyACC for Business is easy and hassle-free
    and there are new useful features being added all the time.
    It's free, it's secure, and accessible 24/7,
    so it's there whenever it suits you.
    (upbeat music)

    Once you’re linked to a client’s account you can:

    • access their invoices
    • access their transaction history
    • update their business and contact information
    • set up direct debits over three, six or 10 months on behalf of your client(s).

    Check you’re eligible to work with us

    You can be eligible to work with us as either:

    • an agent
    • an advisor.


    To work with us as an agent, you need to be a registered tax agent with Inland Revenue (IR). As an agent you must have a written authority to act on behalf of each customer you link. These should be stored with your business records – ACC may ask to view them at any time.

    You can link to your clients’ ACC accounts yourself through MyACC for Business. You can then act on behalf of your client across all channels.

    Find out how to become a tax agent with Inland Revenue


    If you’re not a registered tax agent with IR, you can still work with us as an advisor. Advisors must send an ACC1766 to ACC for each customer they want to act on behalf of. We will then set up the link in MyACC for Business – allowing you access to your client’s account across all channels.

    ACC1766 Giving access to your levy information

    How to apply

    Complete the online agent and advisor registration form to apply.

    On the form you’ll need to:

    • attach an up to date screenshot of your myIR/My GST tax agent profile to show you’re a tax agent with Inland Revenue. You can see an example on the form
    • identify your organisation's administrator. They’ll set up the MyACC for Business profile and add other staff members as users.

    Register as an agent or advisor

    When we get your application, we’ll aim to review it and get back to you within three working days. If we decline your application, we’ll let you know why.

    If we accept your application

    If we accept your application, we’ll invite you to access MyACC for Business. We'll email this to your organisation administrator with details on how to get access.

    Accessing MyACC for Business

    You’ll need to set up a RealMe, Google or Microsoft login, and provide a mobile number to confirm your details.

    Using an unverified RealMe account

    You don’t need to have a verified RealMe account to use MyACC for Business. With an unverified account, all you need to do is answer a few security questions then create a username and password.

    This is just as secure as a verified account, but you don’t have to get your photo taken.

    Giving staff account access

    Once the organisation administrator logs in, they can add staff members, portfolios and clients. They can also give staff members different levels of access to portfolios and client information.

    Linking to your client's account

    You need to be linked to a client’s account through MyACC for Business before you can act on their behalf.

    Linking as a tax agent

    ACC allows Inland Revenue registered tax agents to link to client accounts through MyACC for Business without the need to complete ACC1766 Giving access to your levy information forms.

    ACC1766 Giving access to your levy information

    The process and requirements for registering with Inland Revenue to become a tax agent are available on the Inland Revenue website.

    Becoming an intermediary

    As a tax agent you're required to hold a written authority to act on behalf of each customer they link. ACC can revoke agent status in MyACC for Business, and the ability to self-link, at any time. 

    Linking as an advisor

    To link to your client’s account, you’ll need to provide us with an ACC1766 as their signed written authority to act on their behalf.

    ACC1766 Giving access to your levy information

    Email the ACC1766 to us:


    How long it takes to get access

    Once you’ve sent us the authority to act, we’ll review it and get back to you if we need more details. If we have everything we need, we’ll link your MyACC for Business profile to your client’s account within three working days. 

    Managing your client's account once they're linked

    Once your clients' accounts have been linked to your organisation, you can create new portfolios, add clients to portfolios and manage their ACC levy accounts.


    2Shakes is another way of getting authority from your client to work with us. Using an electronic signature, you can authorise multiple government agencies at the same time.

    Work on behalf of your clients with 2Shakes

    Last published: 21 May 2024