Injured? Taihoa ake, and get help

  1. Get help

    Get checked out by a doctor, physio, after hours medical centre, or hospital emergency department. 

  2. The treatment provider will make a claim

    They’ll fill out the right forms and make a claim to us on your behalf.
  3. Pay for part of the appointment

    If your injury is covered, we pay part of the first treatment provider appointment fee. You’ll need to pay the rest. This is set out by the ACC cost of treatment regulations. 

    Community Services Card holder? You may get a lower-cost visit to your GP. 

    Treatment we can help pay for
  4. We'll confirm if you’re covered

    If your claim is covered we’ll text you to let you know. If you don’t already have one you’ll need to find a health professional to provide ongoing care, like a physio or rongoā Māori practitioner.

    Injuries we cover
  5. Help with wages if you can’t mahi because of your injury

    We’ll pay up to 80% of your income while you recover, but that's not automatic - you’ll need to get set up for it online with MyACC.

    Learn about financial support
  6. How we tautoko you and your whānau

    Along with financial support and help funding treatment, we can also help with things like transport to get to your treatment appointments or work, childcare and help around the house.

    Find out what other support we provide

    If you want to kōrero about how we can help, contact us.

    Contact us