Make a complaint

If you have any concerns about a decision we’ve made or the service we’ve provided, you can make a complaint or discuss your concerns with us.

On this page

    Get in touch with us first if you have any concerns

    If you've been working directly with one of our people, we suggest you get in touch with them first. You can find their contact details on letters you’ve received from them.

    You can also call us to discuss:

    Phone 0800 101 996

    We can help you faster if you have your claim number ready when you get in touch.

    If you're still not happy after talking to us, make a complaint

    If you think we haven’t followed the Code of ACC Claimants' Rights or are unhappy about the service we've provided, you can complain to us.

    Phone 0800 650 222

    You can also download and send us a complaint form:

    ACC709 Complaint form

    Accident Compensation Act 2001

    Code of ACC Claimants' Rights

    Your rights as our client

    Our staff and anyone else working on our behalf must follow the Code of ACC Claimants' Rights. Your rights are to:

    • be treated with dignity and respect
    • be treated fairly and to have your views considered
    • have your culture, values, and beliefs respected
    • have a support person or persons
    • communicate effectively
    • be fully informed
    • have your privacy respected
    • complain.

    If you feel that you haven't received a good level of service, talk to us to sort out your problem.

    Make a complaint to an independent organisation

    If you have a complaint about your privacy, contact:

    Office of the Privacy Commissioner
    Phone 0800 803 909

    Complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner

    If you think we’ve treated you unfairly, contact:

    Office of the Ombudsmen
    Phone 0800 802 602

    Complain to the Office of the Ombudsman

    If you’re unhappy about a health or disability service you’ve received, or with one of the health providers working for us, contact:

    The Health and Disability Commissioner
    Phone 0800 112 233

    Complain to the Health and Disability Commissioner

    Get independent support

    Contact the organisations listed on the page below for free advice and support with ACC claims.

    Get independent support

    Get someone to talk to us on your behalf

    You can choose someone to talk to us about your claim on your behalf. You can give them authority in different ways, and give different levels of access.

    Give someone authority to talk to us about your claim

    Send us a review

    If you disagree with a decision we’ve made, you can apply for an independent review.

    Review an ACC decision

    Last published: 5 February 2021